Sunday, May 17, 2009

Played 1,000 hands booked decent win.

I put in about 2.5 hours of four tabling .25/.50 NL.

Right off the bat two guys handed me money drawing completely dead. Cool. And then I went on to flop a set of fives and get all of the money in on the turn of 295 2 vs 77 and lost that one. I continued to run like complete shit in the made hand vs draw department. And then I got involved in a decent sized pot in which I had AQ the flop was monotone AKx giving me pretty much the immortal nuts at this point. The SB fires pot into me and I called, the turn is a brick and he goes all in for 2x pot and shows AT without the club and I failed to dodge another two outter. More fun ensued when I got in a pot with A7s and flopped the 12 out draw I love to miss so much. I check to initial raisor who bets half pot, a really tight player raises, I try to get the PFR'er to tag along but he folds. The board pairs a 4, I check, the tight player checks back. The river completes my flush, I don't think the guy on the other end will raise me with a hand worse than a full house, and I don't think he'll call with worse than a straight which seems unlikely by giving a free card on the turn. So I check call and he shows me 5s full of 4s.

I miss a ton of value on hands I think I can get a big bet called on the river, and then get a 3 barrel called on the river when I make the same exact bets I had in the hands I didn't get called because I obviously suck. And then there was a hand I might have been able to fold. Where I had AK utg, raised, got called by the really weak button, and then the SB pots it. I didn't know too much about him, but I really thought I had more equity if I kept the weak player in the hand as well so I just called. The weak player folds and the flop comes AQx and I get a pot sized bet fired into my face which I called. On the turn he bets about 3/4 pot which leaves him obviously committed. I don't think anybody ever bets KK this way, so his range is exactly AA, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, and bluffs. With no reads on him I think I probably should have saved a full buy in and folded but alas I put the rest in and he showed me AQ. And just my luck I can't get my rebuy in before the very next hand in which I get dealt AA. I'm awesome.

So I'm running awful, and not even sure if I'm playing good, but then a really loose passive player goes bananas vs me after I isolated him with QJo and the flop comes AQJ with a flush draw, he check calls the flop bet, and then check raises me on the turn that is an 8, I reluctantly get it in with him and am shocked when he turns over J5 to be drawing dead. Obviously the river comes a 5 because why wouldn't anybody ever not hit their kicker vs me, luckily it doesn't matter this time.

So I'm running 3 buyins under EV and I'm basically break even and then this hand saves the day:

Full Tilt Poker Game #12276133655: Table Stardust (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:04:36 ET - 2009/05/17
Seat 1: madeinN ($20.25)
Seat 2: paskaapina ($113.30)
Seat 3: greg3113 ($62.45)
Seat 4: SHIPPOPOTAMUS ($93.75)
Seat 5: ttamstap ($50)
Seat 6: h8pokeroff ($44.85)
h8pokeroff posts the small blind of $0.25
madeinN posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SHIPPOPOTAMUS [Ac Ah]
paskaapina calls $0.50
greg3113 folds
SHIPPOPOTAMUS raises to $2.50
ttamstap folds
h8pokeroff folds
madeinN calls $2
paskaapina raises to $11.25
h8pokeroff adds $5.40
SHIPPOPOTAMUS has 15 seconds left to act
SHIPPOPOTAMUS raises to $36.50
madeinN folds
paskaapina raises to $113.30, and is all in
SHIPPOPOTAMUS calls $57.25, and is all in
paskaapina shows [Kh Kc]
SHIPPOPOTAMUS shows [Ac Ah]
Uncalled bet of $19.55 returned to paskaapina
*** FLOP *** [8h 4c 4s]
*** TURN *** [8h 4c 4s] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [8h 4c 4s Js] [4h]
paskaapina shows a full house, Fours full of Kings
SHIPPOPOTAMUS shows a full house, Fours full of Aces
SHIPPOPOTAMUS wins the pot ($187.25) with a full house, Fours full of Aces
paskaapina adds $30.45
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $190.25 | Rake $3
Board: [8h 4c 4s Js 4h]
Seat 1: madeinN (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: paskaapina showed [Kh Kc] and lost with a full house, Fours full of Kings
Seat 3: greg3113 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: SHIPPOPOTAMUS showed [Ac Ah] and won ($187.25) with a full house, Fours full of Aces
Seat 5: ttamstap (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: h8pokeroff (small blind) folded before the Flop

This is the first $150+ pot I've ever won at these stakes with AA vs KK, the other three were epic fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment