Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday recap

Fuck Omaha 8. I basically just sat around donating blinds to the tables because every hand I was dealt was a complete piece of fucking shit and I scooped one big pot in about 400 hands or so. Fucking game ruined my profit for the day.

So early in the day I was trying to Sat into the FTOPS #10 by playing $5 2 table shootouts. I ran like ass and the players are easily less intelligent than monkeys with down syndrome, but hey it's cool. At the same time I was ran 4 SnGs. I won 3 and took 3rd in the other due to some not so great luck.

Then I played the Stars 200,000 guar, where it's the only tournament ever where you just try and cash because it's payout scale is 271-4780 get $30 and 270 is the next increment. I cashed but didn't see any cards. Next was the Deuce Deuce on FTP. I built up a big stack early by playing really tight with big pocket pairs to my first table which was the loosest ever. At my second table I ran up my stack to 18k with crafty awesome play. I got no cards and then the blinds when from nothing to gigantic about 2 1/2 hours into it, and the tight player next on my left ended up either catching cards or making 3 plays in a row before I shoved K9o into his AQ. Whatever.

And I also had that shitty ass run in O8 and coughed up an assload of money waiting for good hands, and when I had good hands I was either drawn out on for a split or I completely whiffed my huge draws. It was stupid. Poker's stupid.

Then I played 1/2 HU limit, and two guys cardracked me and then I played a guy who never ever ever raised but called a bet if he had any reason at all, A high, K high, bottom pair, a gutshot. Easy money, right? It was for the first 15 minutes when I took about 60 off him right away. But then I started missing every single huge draw and his King high would blow my doors off, or I would be betting top pair and then a K would come and he would flip over AK or show up on the river with pocket Aces without ever raising. There was one hand where the flop was KK8 and I had A8, I bet and he called. He checked to me again on the turn, and figured it was safe to check behind. The river was a T and he checks again, I bet A8 for value and he calls with T6. Boosh in my face. He showed me more completed 5 out draws than I showed him completed 15 out draws, and it felt like we had the same amount of each. He ran super hot, but luckily he never raises so I would end up betting top pair down for value, and he would just call after hitting his 8 high flush on the river and stuff like that.

I think we ended up playing about 300 hands and I took about 50 off of him and he lost 70 total, so we basically got our balls raked off, but at least I got my 200 points for iron man.

So I think the profit break down looks like this

7 x 5.50 sats = - 38.50
4 $10sngs = +109.00
Stars MTT = + 19.00
FTP MTT = - 22.00
9max O8 = - 41.50
HU LHE = - 9.50
________________________

Profit = +16.50
Est rakeback = +12.00
Grand total = +28.50

Tournaments are gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment