Sunday, January 4, 2009

no play today

I was going to just sit around and play some tournaments all day, definitely the gargantuan $11 buyin 200kG on Stars and and the $22 buyin 100kG on FTP, but there is a family dealy going on in like 2 hours. I could play some cash games or two rounds of turbo SnGs, but I think I will put some time in by reading Pot-Limit Omaha by Jeff Hwang which has gone untouched for a while.

Something I have been thinking about lately is whether it is more profitable for me to play on PokerStars and shoot for the Platinum level perks monthly against really weak competition or to keep most of my business on FTP where I have the rakeback set up against players who are for most part way more competent than on Stars. One option I have been weighing in my head is to play SnGs on PokerStars, and keep my cash play exclusive to FTP. So when I'm not playing NLHE or PLO 6 maxes on FTP, I could run my rounds of SnGs on Stars and keep two tables of full ring Limit Omaha 8 or better going. My SNG ROI will probably fall about 5% or so, but sucking up a steady BB/hr at 2 O8 tables plus whatever I make in rakeback will easily more than cover that loss in ROI.

Going to play cards all day tomorrow, and love it. Gl at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment